- GME VIDEO
- PROGRAM DIRECTOR
- MILWAUKEE FACULTY
- MEET THE RESIDENTS
- GENEVA LAKE AREA
- PROGRAM FACTS
How to Apply to Our Residency Program
Residents are chosen through the NRMP. Please apply through the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS). The following documents are required and can be submitted through ERAS:
- Personal statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three letters of recommendation
- Medical School Transcript
- Medical School Performance Evaluation (Dean’s Letter)
- USMLE or COMLEX transcript
- Current ECFMG status report (for international medical graduates)
Interview Selection Preference Criteria
All applications will be reviewed by the recruitment committee with interview preference given to applicants who:
- Passed USMLE/COMLEX Steps 1 and 2 within one attempt;
- Graduated from medical school within the last 2 years.
- Have documented clinical experience in the United States or Canada that is particularly relevant to Family Medicine (research, non-clinical graduate work or observerships do not qualify).
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
Minimum Interview Selection Criteria
Applicants must meet one of the following medical school graduation qualifications:
- Graduate of a medical school in the United States or Canada accredited by the Liaison Committee on Graduate Medical Education (LCME)
- Graduate of a college of osteopathic medicine in the United States accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA)
- Graduate of a medical school outside the United States or Canada who:
- Holds a current valid certificate from the Educational Council on Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) or
- Has a full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a United States licensing jurisdiction in which they are training.
For additional information contact:
Paul Westerman, MBA
Medical Education Coordinator
Aurora Lakeland Rural Training Track Family Medicine Residency